HarenaLux cushions are a unique, specialist NEW product that is able to remove
contaminating hydrocarbons including vapours from a variety of environments.
Each cushion contains a quantity of our HarenaLux lightweight grade granular, encased in a uniquely coated inner cushion. Both the granular and inner cushion are fully hydrophobic and oleophilic. The inner cushion is enclosed with a lightweight outer wrap composed of non-woven polypropylene fabric that enables hydrocarbons to pass through readily to the inner cushion whilst inhibiting the progression of water. The cushion is finished with a large
25mm metal eyelet to assist with product placement and recovery when easy access is problematic.
The HarenaLux cushion has a number of features that include the following;
- Effective on most forms of hydrocarbon – from low viscosity silicon oils to higher
viscosity crudes. Not effective on extremely viscous hydrocarbons such as bitumen,
tar and heavy crude oil.
- Full hydrocarbon capture – HarenaLux cushions are able to successfully bond
hydrocarbons whether in free phase, emulsified or vapour form.
- Non-leaching capability – HarenaLux cushions mechanically bonds the hydrocarbon
molecule to itself preventing leaching either at the spill source or later at disposal.
- Fully hydrophobic – HarenaLux cushions will actively repel water meaning only the
hydrocarbon contaminate will be removed, thereby reducing disposal cost.
- Fire retardant – HarenaLux cushions are able to capture the vapour element of high
volatile fuels which significantly reduces the risk of combustion.
- Lightweight (floats) – HarenaLux is lightweight cushion that will consistently float on
a water surface.
- Indefinite shelf life – HarenaLux is not degraded by moisture or wet environmental